For several days I have been teasing you all with the upcoming big announcement. Well, now is the time! One of my favorite period of times with this blog was The Hot 100. That challenge brought so many people together. The encouragement, the goal setting, and the success was incredible! Well, guess what?
It is time for another Hot 100!
What is the Hot 100? The Hot 100 is a challenge focused on the last 100 days of 2010. September 23, 2010 starts the clock. From that day forward there are exactly 100 days left in 2010. One hundred days to make this your year. One hundred days to achieve your goals. One hundred days, each and every one of which can be a great day!
This time around there will be three winners! That is right, not one, not two, but three winners of the Hot 100! Here is how you get in on the fun:
- The first winner will be randomly selected from all of those who share the challenge. You can earn one entry for blogging about it on your blog. You can earn one entry for tweeting the following: @sceee1991 has brought the Hot 100 back! I’m in! How about you? Check it out at http://logmyloss.com/?p=3734! You can also earn one entry if you put the Hot 100 image in your sidebar, linking to this post. For each one of these you must leave a separate comment on this post telling me you did it. Finally, you get one entry for leaving a comment on this post letting me know you are in. This part of the challenge runs through the midnight (GMT -5) September 23 October 1, 2010.
- The second winner will be randomly selected from all of those who complete the Hot 100. The rules for this are listed below. This part of the challenge runs through midnight (GMT -6) December 31, 2010.
- The third winner is a really special one. For those who were around during the original Hot 100, you remember that I closely followed every hottie, commenting on many of your daily posts and every one of your challenge posts. I do not have the time to do that this time around. In fact, I am fortunate to find time to post on my own blog now. So, that is where the third part of the challenge comes in. The third winner is going to be elected by all the other hotties. It is the person who is found to be the most supportive during the challenge. There will be a vote for this held between January 3, 2010 through January 10, 2011. How can you be supportive? By leaving lots of comments on other blogs and being a true encouragement to others throughout the challenge.
Now on to the rules for the second part of this challenge.
- The intent is for everyone to start this on September 23, but as long as you comment on this post by October 1 and post an update to your blog by that same date (see below), you are eligible to win.
- Second, you have to have some goals- at least three. Your goals need to be published in a post on your blog prior to the start date of the challenge. Be sure and see rule #1 above – I would like to see the goals posted on your blog by September 23, but you have until October 1. Let’s face it, if you know about this challenge, you really need to get those goals up by the 23rd! By the same token, you don’t have to wait until the 1st to let the world know you are participating. In fact, I would prefer you tell them right now. If you don’t have a blog, that is fine, you just have to post your goals and your updates in a comment on my blog.
- Updates must be done at least weekly. That means the first update is due on or before Friday, October 1st. I don’t care what day of the week you update, but you must update on or before Friday of each week, beginning October 1st. I will permit one week off during the challenge, but honestly, who wants to take a week off from this?
- You need to post a comment on the weekly reminder posts letting me know you have done your goal updates, preferably with a link to your update post. The link is not required, but it makes it easier for others to follow you. Even if I have visited your blog and commented on your post, you still need to leave a comment on the weekly reminder post. It is the only way I can track participation.
- You must leave a separate comment from those above on this post letting me know you are in.
You will notice, I didn’t say you have to achieve your goals, but you do have to post your progress weekly. If you don’t achieve a single one, you can still win! You see, the important part is setting the goals, working toward them, and getting a constant reminder of your goals. There will be more on this in the coming days, so be sure to check upcoming posts for more details.
I also know the question will be asked, so I will go ahead and answer it now. You can change your goals if you need to. If you realize you have made a goal far too easy or far too hard, change it. It is better to have realistic goals that challenge you than it is to be bored from something too easy or frustrated from something too hard.
Last, I am sure you want to know if there will be prizes. Yes there will. I am still finalizing some of this, so I am not ready to announce it yet, but rest assured that at a minimum it includes a jar of pickled, smoked jalapenos from my garden. Let me tell you, these peppers are amazing!
Okay, enough is enough. Get out and let everyone know about this thing! Yes, it is great if you can win a prize, but isn’t it much more fulfilling to see a large number of others see success? Share this with everyone you know and let’s make the last 100 days of this year something to remember!