Today’s the day folks, the day The Hot 100 – Going Out With a Bang! contest begins. If you haven’t watched the introduction video from Motivation for Monday yet, do that first. The rules are all given there. Next, you need to be sure you have seen Wednesday’s Word of the Day on goals.
While there are some more details on the Motivation for Monday post, the basics are this:
- You have to come up with some goals.
- You have to publish those goals.
- You have to give a status follow-up on those goals at least every ten days.
It’s easy folks, but be sure you read Motivation for Monday‘s post so you know more than the basics. Be sure you tell your buddies about this. As I said earlier today, it is fun to succeed, but it is more fun if you bring others along with you.
I have had a few questions on this:
- First of all, do you have to post your goals here? No, but if you want to be sure you are in the running for the peppers, you have to comment on this post (see question number three below) and the update posts. I might catch your goals without commenting, but it never hurts to be sure. Feel free to save the details for your blog though.
- Second, if you blow one of your goals, are you out of the running? No. There will be some people who don’t like this rule, but this is more about accountability, motivation, and striving to do our best. My thoughts are that if you are no longer trying, you will get sick of providing updates. However, if you blow it one day, don’t fret. Just get back in the swing of things, admit your mistake, and go on. No promises here, but there may also be a prize for a randomly selected person who completes all their goals – perhaps another jar of peppers. I’ll have to check the stock and see how much we have. More on this later. Just strive to achieve all the goals you have set.
- Third, do I have to comment on this post letting you know I have started if I already commented on Monday’s post? No. Of course I would welcome the comments here too, but if you have already left a comment on Monday’s post saying you are in, then you are in. The same goes for those who may leave a comment on today’s Wednesday’s Word of the Day.
Now, drop me a comment here and let me know your in on this. I’ll be posting my goals later this evening. I’ll also post reminders every ten days just to be sure a check in date doesn’t slip by. If you don’t have a blog, don’t worry. You can post your goals right here in the comments. If you have goals you don’t wish to share, that’s cool too, just list some of those you can share, and keep the others to yourself. Don’t forget, today is day one, not tomorrow. Don’t let this day sneak up on you! This is all about making the last 100 days of 2009 the best, and hitting the first of 2010 with momentum!
BTW, be sure you are telling all your weight loss buddies about this! Let’s all make this the best year end we have ever had!
Another question has been posed. Am I giving a jar of smoked peppers to all who complete this? That is not the plan. I intend on drawing one name from the list of all who successfully complete this; however, if it ends up being a small number that actually go through with it, and my pepper stock is sufficient, I may just send a jar to all. Don’t depend on that though.
Challenge Update: Okay, I have made an executive decision on The Hot 100 – Going Out With a Bang! challenge. Because I have had numerous people who have asked to join the challenge today, I am making a slight alteration to the challenge. If you enter before 11:59 PM Central Time (UTC -5) Monday, September 28th you are eligible for the challenge. Now, I also believe in being fair to those who entered by the end of the 23rd, as was originally stated. So if someone wins who entered between the 24th and the 28th, then I will also give a jar of smoked, pickled jalapenos to the first person picked by random number generator who entered by the 23rd, meaning I will be out two jars of jalapenos. If the first person drawn by random number was entered on the 23rd, they will get the only jar awarded. I am not big on changing the rules after the competition has begun, but lets face it, this is all about getting healthier, right? I think the compromise I have made is fair to all. After the 28th, no new participants will be allowed. If you are displeased with this, feel free to vent away in the comments, just realize the only person who is out anything here is me, so if I choose to give away a second jar, that is my prerogative. Now, get out there and let others know about this so we can all make this a great last 100 99 days (and counting)!